[Zope] Zope Myths?

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:17:19 -0400

Some things to ponder:

ZPT is slower than DTML
DTML is slower than Python (filesystem at least)
Python is slower than Perl (at least on average)
Perl is slower than C
C is slower than assembly
assembly is slower than dedicated hardware

So lets just skip on past the DTML is faster than ZPT (both are pretty sl=
ow)=20
and implement ZPT in hardware! ;^)

Its all a matter of levels. And from our perspective, development time is=
 more=20
valuable than CPU cycles. That's not to say that ZPT won't be optimized, =
but=20
used as recommended it's quite acceptable. If your ZPT is too slow, I wou=
ld=20
say you are doing too much in ZPT.

And no, DTML is not obsolete or deprecated, its just not the main templat=
ing=20
language anymore, and not the focus of attention like it once was.

-Casey