[Zope] Cataloging non-zope content?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:53:07 -0700

Answering my own question, but feel free to jump in if you
have other info...

I just found this howto:
http://www.zope.org/Members/rbickers/cataloganything?pp=1

>From the Summary:
"...there's no reason you can't use an object that gets the index and
metadata information from the Zope object database, other external files,
remote data on other servers, or any combination of the above. If you
can create an object that gathers the appropriate information, you can
stick it in the catalog."

Very cool. Definitely got me into "why didn't I think of that?" mode.

--PW

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"