[Zope] Re: database in zope

Gregory Dudek dudek@cim.mcgill.ca
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:48:15 -0400

There are some applications for which I suspect ZODB might not be
well-suited.  These probably ones where there are lots of records to
scan and/or
lots of updates, which I presume could lead to major ZODB bloatage.

I started using gadfly with zope and came to realize that the warnings
regarding
it's toy status were to be taken seriously.

I switched to mysql and have been very  happy with it.  It's easy to
install and
maintain, uses standard SQL syntax and has very good performance.
My understanding is that
similar arguments can be made for postgres which has some extra features
sub subselects but also its own downside.