[Zope] Import errors on an absent Product

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:13:52 +1000

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 7:09 pm, Jean Jordaan wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We have this Zope app, OK? For a requirement quite unrelated to this
> app, we added a Product that we wrote, ArticleManager, consisting of
> a part on the filesystem and some ZClasses. Our client had some issues
> with the first app, so we brought their Data.fs over to our side. Our
> setup here doesn't include ArticleManager, as it is irrelevant to this
> app. We deleted the references to ArticleManager in the Control_Panel,
> but now, unpredictably, we get an import error on ArticleManager raised
> from Connection.py's setstate method.
>
> Huh? Nothing in our app is referencing ArticleManager, and as far as we
> know, we've deleted the references to it from the ZODB. Does this look
> recognizable to anyone?

There's probably references to the object in the ZODB journal (which is
"re-run" every init). Try re-adding a dummy class and pack the database.
You'll lose your undo, but hopefully the problem will go away. Keep a backup
of your Data.fs in case my guess isn't correct though!

    Richard