[Zope] Passing Arguments to ZSQL Method from Python Script

Chris A. Bruce cbruce@sleeter.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:39:36 -0700

Well, if the variables are in REQUEST, zope will bind them to the
parameters of the ZSQL Method--as long as the names match.  So, I could
in effect call <dtml-call sql_insert> without passing any arguments.
But I want to mimick this in Python Script.  Another "convincing"
argument can be found in the Zope Book:

"If you call a Z SQL Method without argument from DTML, the arguments
are automatically collected from the environment."
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/RelationalDatab
ases.stx#3-66

I am sure there is a way to do this in script, but I don't know how to.
I am hoping that someone on this list knows.

Are you convinced now?

Oh, I think I have html turned off now.

Chris
=20