[Zope] Passing Arguments to ZSQL Method from Python Script

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:38:24 -0700

Calling a zsql method from a python script does use request.  At least I
have the following in a script:

context.sql_wo()

sql_wo being a zsql method requiring two parameters that are in the form
portion of request.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris A. Bruce [mailto:cbruce@sleeter.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 11:40 AM
To: Chris Withers
Cc: Meilicke, Scott; zope@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] Passing Arguments to ZSQL Method from Python Script

Well, if the variables are in REQUEST, zope will bind them to the
parameters of the ZSQL Method--as long as the names match.  So, I could
in effect call <dtml-call sql_insert> without passing any arguments.
But I want to mimick this in Python Script.  Another "convincing"
argument can be found in the Zope Book:

"If you call a Z SQL Method without argument from DTML, the arguments
are automatically collected from the environment."
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/RelationalDatab
ases.stx#3-66

I am sure there is a way to do this in script, but I don't know how to.
I am hoping that someone on this list knows.

Are you convinced now?

Oh, I think I have html turned off now.

Chris