[Zope] ProxyPass weirdness with Plone

Des Dougan ddougan@telus.net
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:47:04 -0700

I am very new to Zope, and in fact came to it via Plone. I've set up
Plone on my test server and can access it via port 8080 OK. I've been
working to get it running via Apache on port 80, and have created a
ProxyPass directive and set up VHM so that I can use VirtualHostBase to
present the URL I want. My ProxyPass is set up thus:

http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/hudson.DouganConsulting.com:80/

where hudson is my test box (on its own lan segment).

The issue I am seeing is that when I connect to the Plone home page, and
log in, I get the logged in successfully message, but if I try any of
the page links (e.g. "my preferences"), I am presented with the login
screen, and if I enter it again, I keep looping around. I can
successfully connect using localhost:8080 so it seems to be an issue
with ProxyPass/VHM. My server is running th Mitel SME Server distro
(which is based on RH 7.3).

I would appreciate any insights you can provide.

Thanks,
--

Des Dougan