[Zope] ProxyPass weirdness with Plone

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
19 Apr 2003 06:23:22 -0700

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 23:47, Des Dougan wrote:
> I am very new to Zope, and in fact came to it via Plone.

Welcome

> I've set up
> Plone on my test server and can access it via port 8080 OK. I've been
> working to get it running via Apache on port 80,

An excellent plan.

>  and have created a
> ProxyPass directive and set up VHM so that I can use VirtualHostBase to
> present the URL I want. My ProxyPass is set up thus:
>
> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/hudson.DouganConsulting.com:80/

Four comments:
1. ProxyPass typically requires a ProxyPassReverse.
2. RewriteRule is a bit more flexible than ProxyPass.
3. You'll want a VirtualHostRoot somewhere in that URL.
4. You probably want to serve something other than Zope's root.

Assuming you have mod_rewrite (you probably do) I'd comment out the
ProxyPass directive and try:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/
hudson.DouganConsulting.com/path/to/plone_root/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

Where everything between RewriteRule and [L,P] should be on one line, no
space between http/ and hudson.

HTH,

Dylan