How to use CMF with own view methods? (was: Re: [Zope] Zope Lockup (ZPublisher stops responding?)

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:45:18 +0100

Hi,

I have another question, but I try suggest You another point of view to
Zope locking.

How about your operating system? Do you have linux 2.4.21 kernel or you
have something different, or different platform?
In case of BSD, here are known problem with locking, see mailning list
archive. With Linux 2.4 kernels <=2.4.20 here are many general problems
with slowdown and locking (as I was read at czech linux mailing list).
Same Zope lockout I was find in Windows NT 2000. I was move to Linux
(Mandrake 9.1 with 2.4.21 kernel) and I have no problem for 3 weeks, before
in windows Zope locks each 2-3 days with no significant load. I use Zope
without any frontend directly from port 80, only non-intelligent corporate
firewall is before.

Now I have my question - would you reccomend me how to use CMF or Plone
with my own view method?

My view method render whole content of given folder from index_html, if
here are few documents, it renders it as page segments (STX or HTML) with
possible image.

But I am absolutelly new to CMF, I have installed it last week and no have
time to play.

Many thanks,

J. Lukesh

Odesílatel: Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
happen during a day, since we use the CMF features only for internal
authoring of your site.  I'd think this "locking" issue would be a problem