[Zope] Preventing duplicates in ZCatalog

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:32:36 -0700

I've never understood why anyone would use CatalogAware given that
CatalogPathAware works quite well.  Is there even any reason to justify its
existence in Zope at all other than backward-compatibility?

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Wankyu Choi [mailto:wankyu@neoqst.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 1:25 PM
To: 'Dieter Maurer'
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] Preventing duplicates in ZCatalog

>When you see the same object catalogued under different catalog uids, you
should either upgrade to Zope 2.6.1 or fix the code that does not use
"getPhysicalPath". A likely candidate it >"Products.ZCatalog.CatalogAware".
Replace this by "Products.ZCatalog.CatalogPathAware".

I already use Zope 2.6.1.

Hm.. CMFCore's PortalContent imports Products.ZCatalog.CatalogAware, not
CatalogPathAware. Probably, this is the source of my problem, then? ( CMF
1.3.1, the latest. )

May I ask why CMF imports CatalogAware instead of CatalogPathAware? CMF
people should know better than that. I just want to know if there's any
particular reason why, since I'm basing my own applications on CMF.

Thanks in advance.

  Wankyu Choi
  CEO/President
  NeoQuest Communications, Inc.