[Zope] Reinstall system for use with Zope

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Aug 6 16:28:30 EDT 2003

Well, I know 9.0 is bad because of a bug in the threading library ... Not
recommended for running long running python processes such as Zope.  I've
been running 7.3 for a while now and it's proven very solid, so I'm not
moving off of it until the new kernel distro's start coming out next year.

As for Apache, I just did a test with 2.0.47 vs 1.3.28 ... Works much the
same way, except that caching is experimental and does not work properly. I
had to go back to 1.3.28 because the 2.0.47 cache module was caching all
sorts of things it wasn't supposed to. If you don't use Apache's cache, but
just do the proxying part (Or maybe use Squid for the caching), then you're
ok.

As for 2.6.1, it's a good upgrade, I did it a while back. Theres just one
bug related to packing your Data.fs after an undo (It corrupts the Data.fs)
that os truly scary. Otherwise it works fine. Might want to look at CMF 1.4
too ?

Good luck!
J.F.