[Zope] Re: [Plone-users] Use of psyco to speed up zope/plone

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Aug 6 17:01:51 EDT 2003

Hello,

Interesting! I'm going to give it a try, anything to speed up my Zope is
good :)

Though I haven't benchmarked, I've just tried running it, and got a warning
in my zope log file:

/usr/local/Zope-2.6.1/lib/python/RestrictedPython/compiler_2_1/transformer.p
y:670: warning: eval()/execfile() cannot see the locals in functions bound
by Psyco; consider using eval() in its two- or three-arguments form
  def atom_string(self, nodelist):

I'm guessing this isn't a problem per say, but simply something that psyco
can't optimize.

Man, it's not an official benchmark, but it DOES seem to be noticeably
faster from just my using my site!

Thanks for this!

Cheers,
J.F.