[Zope] Uploading audio mp3

Marc Lindahl marc at bowery.com
Sun Dec 7 14:28:39 EST 2003

On Friday, December 5, 2003, at 12:57  PM, Terry Hancock wrote:

> On Friday 05 December 2003 11:26 am, Marc Lindahl wrote:
>> I would guess your problem has only to do with TMP file handling (e.g.
>> the partition used by TMP is too small)...  I've had no problem with
>> song-length mp3's on my record company site, using Audio.
>
> Yeah, I wouldn't expect so.  But by "song-length", do you include
> 77 minutes?

About 3.5-4MB.

>  Obviously there will always be a limit.

Yes, but quite larger than that.

> I had a similar
> problem with a 33 MB software package download.

33MB is not a big file.  I'd guess it has more to do with whatever's at
the front end of your zope.  For me I run zope behind Squid.  I like
that because I don't have the single-threaded pcgi bottleneck and I get
the superior caching of squid (compared to apache).

>  Both seem
> to benefit from a LocalFS approach (not sure what difference the
> streaming part makes).

I don't think LocalFS guarantees streaming or makes a difference there
anyway, it depends on the front end - apache, zserver, squid, whatever.
  Real streaming is something like quicktime streaming server or
shoutcast, since IP streaming has its own set of protocols compared to
http.