[Zope] TextIndexNG2.04 problem

Jean Baltus jean.baltus at africamuseum.be
Wed Dec 10 07:48:08 EST 2003

Hi Andreas,

I did not get the answer through private mail, could you please resend
us the answer... ?

Thank you,

-- Jean Baltus

andreas jung wrote:

already answered through private mail.

-aj

--On Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2003 16:49 Uhr +0100 FNk
<fnkunda at africamuseum.be> wrote:

We have some problems with TextIndexNG2.04 on linux Zope 2.6.2, Plone
1.05

If we catalog some file like objects (we have custom made objects
extending File (portal-file)), with a .pdf extension in the id of the
file, the following error occurs (in zope console debug mode):

Error: May not be a PDF file (continuing anyway)

Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...

Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary

Error: Couldn't read xref table

. And the object is not catalogued (nothing in the Searchable text).

Now, if we rename the file to another name without the extension .pdf,
the metadata of the object gets catalogued but not the pdf file itself

Do you have any idea ? Any workaround ?

P.S.

Our config for the index:

Indexed attributes