[Zope] ZOPE Newbie anonymous access problem

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 12 14:46:01 EST 2003

Nicholas Addy wrote at 2003-12-12 09:31 +0800:
>I have a semi-urgent problem. Set up a VHM Monster mapped to url
>www.foo.com:8080/foo
>
>also edited host file (running XP)
>
>127.0.0.1 localhost
>127.0.0.1 www.foo.com
>
>The Problem: when I run the address www.foo.com
>I am required to submit a user name and password,
>I have created both a super user (owner) and a separate (manager)
>account and neither work
>
>I have tried
>
>1/ modifying the ownership for the foo folder (this is slighlty
>confusing as there as so many permissions but I am 'assuming' only view
>is needed..)
>2/ creating the foo folder as a manager as oposed to super user, I read
>this might make a difference
>3/ slapping my face repeatedly
>
>Would appreciate some sage advice

When you have a difficult problem, try to make small steps.

A most natural small step is to forget VHM for the moment
and ensure that you can contact Zope without VHM magic
as expected. Can you?

If so and you cannot connect with VHM, then install
Shane's "VerbodeSecurity" product. It helps with all
kinds of authorization problems.

--
Dieter