[Zope] Protect subobjects/subtemplates

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Wed Dec 17 12:28:08 EST 2003

fowlertrainer at anonym.hu said:

> The site is like this:
>
> root
>  index_html
>  folder1 > many subobjects
>  folder2 > many subobjects
>  folder3 > many subobjects
>  folderN > many subobjects
>
> I want to handle all of the requests with one file, the index_html.
>
> So:
>  http://root
>  or
>  http://root/index_html
>
>  is valid, every other request is invalid.

I'll reserve comment on whether this is a good idea... but it should be
easy with Apache.  Allow requests that match the pattern and deny those
that don't.

If you really *must* have a pure Zope solution, you'll need an access
rule.  If you must do this, be sure to read the documentation twice and
take special note of how to get back into your server after you lock
yourself out and/or hose the ZMI.

HTH,

Dylan