[Zope] AUTHENTICATED_USER and :method calls

James Davies jamesd at mena.org.au
Wed Dec 17 20:50:32 EST 2003

Im having some weird problems with AUTHENTICATED_USER...

I have a form that calls a function called "newReport" using the
following code

<form>
 <input type=submit name="newReport:method" value="New">
</form>

Although I am logged in as the user "techy1", if I access
AUTHENTICATED_USER from within newReport using the following code:

user = str(self.REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER)

I get 'Anonymous User'. However the code still runs with the permissions
of techy1

if I call newReport normally (<form action="newReport">) everything
works correctly.

Any ideas?