[Zope] Zope as a desktop CMS?

Frederic Faure ffaure at club-internet.fr
Tue Dec 23 16:16:50 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to find a solution to help a friend manage his little web site
that he currently handles using independant, hand-made web pages. His site
only contains a bunch of essays and articles, and a blogging sectino.

On the PHP front, EasyCMS looked simple enough and didn't require MySQL...
but it seems like the navigator bar is static, and you need to add new
article titles manually. Forget it.

Zope could be an interesting solution, but he must have a full WYSIWYG HTML
editor to create/revise his documents, so hand-made HTML or structured text
won't do.

Besides EasyPublish (to which I cannot register the free version, as their
registration server is currently acting up; Must be Xmas), what do you
suggest I try?

Mozilla's Composer accessing objects through either FTP or WebDAV (not sure
Composer supports WebDAV)? Some add-on that can be installed inside the ZMI
so my friend can just click on say an Edit button, to be presented with a
WYSIWYG editor?

Thanks for any tip
Fred.