[Zope] Zope as a desktop CMS?

Frederic Faure ffaure at bigfoot.com
Wed Dec 24 08:53:29 EST 2003

At 13:38 24/12/2003 +0000, Paul Browning wrote:
>There are answers to all your questions. I just wrote most of them
>down .....

Someone just told me about this document, and I'm currently reading this
PDF. Lucky me :-)

Considering the fact that the web's original goal (and, by far, still its
main use today) was as a document server, it's pretty amazing that in 2003,
we still don't have user-friendly ways to add contents to a site. This
friend of mine for which I'm checking out the options is currently writing
all his articles in Word, saves them in HTML, and uploads those through
FTP... obviously without the help of even a basic CMS.

Honestly, I think a light, dedicated application communicating with the web
server over an XMLRPC link is a better solution than TTW, notably because I
could hit CTRL-S to back up the content I'm working on. Considering how
unstable web browsers are, I'd hate to lost 20 pages of texts because the
browser GPFed on me :-)

Since I'm at it, if someone knows how to use Epoz once it's installed, I'm
all ears... Can't figure it out with the sparce online doc.

Thanks!
Fred.