[Zope] Virtual Host breaks IssueTracker?

Matthew Wilbert mwilbert@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:00:32 -0500

I have IssueTracker (v.49b) installed in the root folder /help.
I have a VirtualHostMonster set up to map a second host name "help" to
/help. (using the
Mappings tab)  This is running under Zope 2.6.1b.

If I try to access IssueTracker through the normal url with a /help at
the end, it works fine.

If I try to access it through the mapped URL, it works, in the sense the
the IssueTracker home page comes up when I use the help url, but if I try
to look at an actual issue, I get the traceback at the end of this
message.

Is it a known thing that using virtual hosts breaks some products?  Is
there a standard workaround?

Thanks,

Matt Wilbert
-----------------------TRACEBACK----------------------------
Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
Module Zope.App.startup, line 182, in zpublisher_exception_hook
Module Products.IssueTrackerProduct.IssueTracker, line 2323, in
index_html
Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile, line 96, in _exec
Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 95, in pt_render
<PageTemplateFile at /help/Issue0022/>
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 200, in __call__
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 703, in do_useMacro
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 477, in do_setGlobal_tal
Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 217, in evaluate
Line 5, Column 4
Expression: <PythonExpr here.getRoot().title_or_id()>
Names:
{'container': <IssueTrackerIssue instance at 8d59798>,
 'default': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.Default instance at 0x8947484>,
 'here': <IssueTrackerIssue instance at 8d59798>,
 'loop': <SafeMapping instance at 8bc9748>,
 'modules': <Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr._SecureModuleImporter
 instance at 0x891f3f4>,
 'nothing': None,
 'options': {'args': ()},
 'repeat': <SafeMapping instance at 8bc9748>,
 'request': <HTTPRequest,
 URL=http://help.env.state.ma.us/Issue0022/index_html>,
 'root': <Application instance at 8b16bb8>,
 'template': <PageTemplateFile at /help/Issue0022/>,
 'traverse_subpath': [],
 'user': Anonymous User}Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line
 48, in __call__
__traceback_info__: here.getRoot().title_or_id()
Module Python expression "here.getRoot().title_or_id()", line 2, in f
AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'title_or_id' (Also, an
error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.)