[Zope] How to serve huge file/document?

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:20:01 -0500

[Gilles wrote (gilles.lavaux@esrin.esa.it) on 2/6/03 11:07 AM]

> Hello,
>
> Yes, that's true, but my question was really concerning the Zserver. I have
> a Zope intranet system which act as a very simple 'web-archive': just
> zope+LocalFs. I don't want to have a complex setup. I would like to do all
> the job with Zope itself, that doesn't sounds to me like a unrealistic
> requirement, no?
>
> Gilles

Zope is a powerful and fast server/application framework for *dynamic*
applications/code/content.

Apache is a really fast server of *static* content.

Use Zope to do what it does best and apache to do what it does best. Anyway,
with some rewrite rule magic and the use of similar html templates you can
make an apache-based file archives look transparent to your users and get
better performance while saving yourself som hassles in the long run.

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net