[ADMIN] Plea for sanity (was:Re: [Zope] Re: full-text retrieval app)

Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:36:58 +0000

On Friday 07 February 2003 3:48 pm, Ed Leafe wrote:

> 	Really? Why should changing the "Reply-to" delete the "From" header?
> Every message I receive on lists that are set to reply to the list
> contain perfectly good From headers.

Until a few months ago, this would not have been true for any of my list
posts. 'From' contained the email address that sent and received list traffic
address. The only place to record my personal email address is in the
Reply-To header.

More widely, my current mailbox of this list contains 2112 messages, 189 of
them contain a Reply-To header. It looks like I am not the only one to use
this feature.

> 	I am also amused that you find the concept of setting the default to
> the most frequently desired action to be "not in the slightest bit
> compelling".

Those in favor of the current list configuration have the same reason for
amusement that your mail reader's "reply to all" button is not the one that
you would click on by default. Shouldnt this the default action for replying
to an email, even for someane who wasnt subscribed to any lists?

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson