[Zope] Where is the current SOAP action in Zope?

Jens Wolk jewo_lists@gmx.de
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 17:24:33 +0100

Hi Brian,

Am Freitag, 7. Februar 2003 05:30 schrieb Brian Lloyd:

> > I still wonder if ZSI is the library ZC is using in projects that
> > require SOAP, and would like to hear from anyone else who is using Zope
> > with SOAP.
>
> We are actually not doing many things that require SOAP support. ZSI
> is probably your best bet at this point. I have been trying to scare
> up some interest in the web services for zope project (which has been
> in cold-storage for a while now), with the idea of trying to do some
> sprints (either Z2 or Z3) early this year. I got a few sparks of interest,
> but I haven't heard anything new lately.

The last few days I also tried to make Zope speak SOAP.

As a client this is no problem, by using your WebService package or ZSI. But I
need to *offer* a Web Service based on SOAP.

One approach is the patch offered by Petru Paler
(http://www.ppetru.net/software/soap-cvs.diff) which implements automagic
processing of SOAP messages.

I'd prefer to handle the SOAP message myself (with one of the given libraries,
that is). However, I seem not to be able to get at the SOAP message as such
which I could feed to the WebService classes. A month ago there was a thread
on this Mailing List, in which you suggested to access REQUEST['BODY'].
However, this seems never to be defined (KeyError). (The Request object seems
to be healthy.)

Can anybody give me a hint what I am doing wrong?

Yours. Jens Wolk