[Zope] Zope 2.6.1 Released

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:03:10 -0800

M.
> Maryniuck
> Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 2:47 AM
> To: Dieter Maurer
> Cc: zope@zope.org
> Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope 2.6.1 Released
>=20
> On Monday 10 February 2003 21:40, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> > Your environment decides to send Zope a SIGHUP signal (signal 1).
> > It is correct that Zope dies on this signal.
> > Unix operating systems usually send a SIGHUP signal when
> > the control terminal is closed.
> > The command "nohup" (--> "man" pages) is usually used to cope with
> > this fact....
>=20
> Dieter, I know what SIGHUP and "man" pages means since I dont=20
> know what "MS=20
> Windows" and "Microsoft" is. ;-) OTOH, it is not quite correct=20
> since I start=20
> it with nohup and ampersand "&" in my /etc/init.d/zope script.=20
> And it even=20
> does not crashes when weather is quite ok. ;-) For example, I'm=20
> happy already=20
> third day: Zope still works, but I'm sitting like on a bomb --=20
> when it will=20
> crash next time?

Dieter's point is that neither the program nor the OS will autogenerate =
a sig hup. HUP is not like a segv that signals a program fault. =
Something external to zope is to blame for your sig hup. Most often, =
this is caused by people not reading the man page for nohup.

PS. Please post in ASCII only.