[Zope] Re: Java re-invents DTML :-)

Michael Lewis michael@nichestaffing.com
14 Feb 2003 11:48:22 -0700

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 11:02, Stephan Richter wrote:

> My DTML2 proposal for Zope 3 covers all of the issues you guys mentioned:
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/DocumentTemplateMarkupLanguage2
>
> Regards,
> Stephan

Stephan,

I like your proposal a lot.  I chose Zope originally BECAUSE of dtml.  I
was not a hard core programmer and the idea of a tag based scripting
language appealed to me since I was familiar with html.  One question I
do have, it seemed like you were proposing that there would be something
to handle the old dtml1 in Zope 3, and there would also be the new
implementation of dtml2 along with zpt etc.  Am I understanding this
correctly?  And if so, could you run a site on Zope3 using dtml1 and
then migrate it to dtml2 and would the code coincide peacefully together
during that transistion process?  Or, am I way off-base here?
--
Michael Lewis <michael@nichestaffing.com>
NicheStaffing.com