[Zope] Antivirus

Wil Cooley wcooley@nakedape.cc
17 Feb 2003 10:58:21 -0800

--=-p5dwb9dLPsEv1FDoL7bP

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 03:17, Nicolas Romero wrote:
> Le mer 12/02/2003 =E0 11:51, Bo M. Maryniuck a =E9crit :
> > On Wednesday 12 February 2003 12:50, Nicolas Romero wrote:
> > > How can I do ?
> >=20
> > grep? ;-) Something like that I saw over the freshmeat.net -- take a se=
arch=20
> > there. AMAVIS?
>=20
> Thank you for the reply.
>=20
> Well, AMAVIS, as the majority of solutions (all ?) found when searching
> for antivirus in Freshmeat, only scans mails (AFAIK).
>=20
> As I can't believe that I am the only one who face to this issue, I
> wonder how the others do.

Look for Sophie; a daemon that uses the Sophos scanning engine but
listens on a UNIX domain socket.  You should be able to figure out the
protocol (or ask Vanja, the author) and be able to write a client for
it.  Actually, someone has recently written a Perl module for the Sophos
API; it would be really sweet if someone who knew how would write a
Python one...

http://www.vanja.com

Wil
--=20
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
QCSNet                                     http://www.qcsn.com
* * * * T1, Frame Relay, DSL, Dial-up, and Web Hosting * * * *

--=-p5dwb9dLPsEv1FDoL7bP

--=-p5dwb9dLPsEv1FDoL7bP--