[Zope] IOError adding External Method

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:40:41 -0500

Hello,

Thanks for the insight, turns out it was generating a warning that I
eventually found by trying to run it from the command line. I was using a
bit of code I stole off the web :)

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerome Alet [mailto:alet@librelogiciel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 2:52 AM
To: Peter Bengtsson
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] IOError adding External Method

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 10:56:25PM +0000, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> "This shouldn't happen, as this is only a warning."

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/zope-collector-monitor/2002-August/000986.h
tml

> I.e. it's not expected behaviour.
> Write another External Method like foobar.py and contains only.
>
> def Helloworl():
>         return "Hello World"
>
> Let us know if that caused any problems.

you problem is most certainely a permissions problem on the filesystem.

you must ensure that the user Zope is run as can read the file which
contains your external method.

e.g. : chmod a+r externamethod.py

bye,

Jerome Alet