[Zope] Re: Turbo Intranet -- Where is it?

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:59:55 -0500

> So... at the risk of being a bit thick, Zope Turbo Intranet is a
> proprietary product which is only available for purchase when
> bundled with
> training?  I take it that "visible source software" means that this is
> covered by something more restrictive than the Zope Public License?

Yes - the ZVSL allows buyers to obtain (and change) the source but not
redistribute it. Ongoing maintenance is available that provides CVS
access to get updates or even contribute functionality in a sort of
mini-community.

> If there is a way of buying the product by itself, that's left unclear on
> your site.  I imagine there might be people interested who are competent
> enough to bring themselves up to speed and are unable to make the trip to
> Virginia.

You're right. We're open to selling it w/o training, but the info sheets
don't spell that out. I'll work on fixing that. In the meantime, if you
want to talk to someone about pricing, you can use the contact info on
zope.com.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com