[Zope] SSO, Authentication & 3rd party portals

John Wubbel john.wubbel@pediatricnetwork.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:42:20 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dieter Maurer" <dieter@handshake.de>
To: "John Wubbel" <john.wubbel@pediatricnetwork.com>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] SSO, Authentication & 3rd party portals

> John Wubbel wrote at 2003-2-25 23:20 -0600:
>  > I was wondering if anyone has experience using Zope and Jetspeed? I
have a
>  > Jetspeed portal and it is time to add some content to a hand full of
>  > portlets. I am looking for information on whether or not it can be done
or
>  > even if it is practical.
>  >
>  > As a quick experiment, I used an IFrame portal and run the Zope
Management
>  > Interface. When I log on to the portal and the IFrame initializes, I am
also
>  > prompted to input the userid and password for the ZMI. Is there any way
>  > implement a Single Sign On so that the ZMI uses the already
authenticated
>  > Jetspeed userid and password? If I develop a Zope application with a
catalog
>  > and some folders containing a set of documents, the user would be
prompted
>  > when the particular portlet starts up with the Zope application.
Comments
>  > are very much appreciated. TIA.
>
> When you know how Jetspeed handles authentication, you
> can make a specialized user folder that interacts with it.
>

> Dieter

Dieter,

Thanks for the suggestion. But, making a user folder for such a purpose,
would that preempt the current Zope logon dialog box? I was thinking more
along the lines of authentication with the ZServer immediately following the
Jetspeed authentication. Are you saying use the specialized user folder to
transact authentication for both, as a replacement for the current Jetspeed
UI? I believe Jetspeed authentication takes place through the Turbine
framework. I will check it more closely. Thanks.

John