Re[2]: [Zope] Re: Internationalization

beno zope@thewebsons.com
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 17:48:35 -0400

At 09:10 PM 1/5/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello beno,
>
>are you really absolutely sure you don't want to use
>Localizer?

Hmm. That looks like an excellent product. But I think it's overkill. What
I'm doing is developing a product called *Easy Site* which I'm dubbing *CMF
for brochureware*. Lots of newbies to Zope struggle with all there is to
learn. This is particularly acute if you're not a programmer and are going
up that hill, too (I know ;) And I bet many of these newbies, like me, are
mainly interested in building small Web sites for their clients who are
small businesses (mom-and-pops). These sites only need to be brochureware.
Wouldn't it be nice if a newbie to Zope could grab this product and without
much customization at all have a site blinking its eyes in a couple of
hours (or even minutes)? One that had all sorts of cool bells and whistles?
One that would also serve as a tutorial to learn how to do tricks with
Zope? That's what I've been building unawares for a couple of years.
So...internationalization. All brochureware sites really need is different
folders for different languages that are called via whatever the
HTTP_HEADER has. These sites don't go out of date because they're never
updated (I know ;)

But I've figured it out now. Sometimes I think I'm as thick as a brick ;)
TIA,
beno