[Zope] Product use

Matthew Russell matthew.russell@securetrading.com
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 18:00:33 +0000

Hi all,

I have a product, "MyProduct", which has two methods getFood() ,
getWater which are both declared protected with permissions.

If  I have strcuture of
admin
    -- A
     --B

there is a user in A called joe,  with the Role of  LocalManager
and a user in B called fred, witth the Role of Developer, and Michelle
with the Role LocalManager

I would like only to add a product instance to admin, not to A or B,
but also let joe,Michelle and fredcall getFood() and getWater() *as they
are hungry and thirsty*  -- only if they have permission.

can anyone tell me what i'd need to do to achieve this?
I have this working by adding my product to A and B, but don;t fancy
having thousands of objects being created when i only need one.

TIA,
Matt
Ps. I know I *could* do a lot with external methods, but they just don't
cut it for me (in my partic' senario)