[Zope] Product use

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:12:24 +0100

Matthew Russell wrote at 2003-1-9 18:00 +0000:
 > I have a product, "MyProduct", which has two methods getFood() ,
 > getWater which are both declared protected with permissions.
 >

 > If  I have strcuture of
 > admin
 >     -- A
 >      --B
 >
 > there is a user in A called joe,  with the Role of  LocalManager
 > and a user in B called fred, witth the Role of Developer, and Michelle
 > with the Role LocalManager
This will not work with Zope's default security system:

  It prevents users defined in an "acl_users" folder
  to access any non anonymously accessible method of
  an object outside the subhiarachy governed by this "acl_user".

You can try to make your methods public and check security
in your own method code.

Dieter