[Zope] Zope reference documentation?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
17 Jan 2003 09:25:15 -0500

Have you noticed that for the 2.6 edition of the Zope Book at
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition, we've
addressed and edited out all of the comments in every chapter so far
except for three "main" chapters and the API ref?  Many people have
helped to do this.  It has taken on the order of maybe... 600 man-hours
to do this.  The remaining three "main" chapters are in progress.  The
API ref isn't, but should be, and adding a comment to it in the 2.5
edition will make sure it doesn't get lost in the email ether.  Just
because a comment is old doesn't mean it won't get addressed.  This
stuff takes time.

And yes, I you're absolutely right.  In a perfect world, someone other
than a developer whould edit the Book, and yes, it would be a paid full
time job.  But things are the way they are, and nobody is willing to pay
for it.  ZC isn't willing to pay for it, nor should it be their
obligation to do so.  Are you?

Annoyed,

- C

--=20