[Zope] Zope reference documentation?

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@tiscali.cz
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:47:32 +0100

Chris McDonough wrote:

 > Have you noticed that for the 2.6 edition of the Zope Book at
 > http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition, we've
 > addressed and edited out all of the comments in every chapter so far
 > except for three "main" chapters and the API ref?  Many people have

I have not. Great job!

 > time job.  But things are the way they are, and nobody is willing to pay
 > for it.  ZC isn't willing to pay for it, nor should it be their
 > obligation to do so.  Are you?

I'm not, but I'm perfectly ready and willing to do this as a full time
or part time paid job remotely from Czech republic and my salary would
be quite reasonable given lower expenses in CZ. Mail me directly if you
want to see examples of my work.

As for money, I already contributed work in lieu of money. Besides
creating some core KDE 2.0 documentation for free, I also translated 70+
pages of core Open Source advocacy text "Why Open Source Software / Free
Software (OSS/FS)? Look at the Numbers!"
(http://www.dwheeler.com/oss_fs_why.html) into Czech at no charge,
maintained it to be current and I am hosting it for free. This job alone
is worth $1200 at the current market price for transation services.

 > Annoyed,

Don't be. Take me with a large spoon of salt :-)

--
Milos Prudek