[Zope] RE: Zope memory leak

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:47:20 -0500

Chris,

We could be suffering form the same bug, but different causes, I have a
nagging feeling this one is burried deep :)

Yeah, our Postgres connection gets used quite a bit actually. But I very
much doubt that'd be it, there'd be a whole lot of people screaming!

Nope, no ZEO for me, though it's an option for the future.

Now that I'm graphing my memory usage though I hope to get some clues. I'm
thinking I may be using something in my standard_html_header that could be
the cause (it's used on the entire site). Do you use UserSniffer.py?

I do have dtml-var's with Dates in them in there too (DublinCore dates),
maybe there's a problem with some of the methods or objects?

I'm not sure what IOBuckets are FOR, I mean Input/Output, but not sure where
they're used ... Maybe figuring that out could help?

I'm also recalling having problems with CMF, for instance, one CMF (The most
used one) would stop responding, while the other kept going. Alllways
thought that strange ... hasn't done it in a while, but maybe a useful
symptom to look into.

Stay in touch!

thanks,
J.F.