[Zope] Zope hangs when copying large/many objects

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:47:13 -0800

>   PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
>  9201 nobody    16   5  299M 228M  1176 S N   2.9 91.1   5:21 python
>  9203 nobody    16   5  299M 228M  1176 S N   2.7 91.1  18:15 python

You're into swap, thats why its so slow, either get more memory or
change your strategy.

> The harddisk has 1,5G free space, it's one partition,
> Memory: 256816k/262080k available
> Adding Swap: 136512k swap-space (priority -1)

This is not a well configured server, nor is this the list to discuss
why, but if you want to get a reasonable amount of performance out
your hardware I suggest you research system setup & rationale some.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"We must be born with an intuition of mortality.  Before we know the words