[Zope] Re: problems for Zope Installation

Matt Behrens matt@zigg.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:56:18 -0500

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 11:44:35AM +0100, Cathy Nouvet wrote:

> We are trying to install zope2.6 on Solaris 6.4.1.

6.4.1?  I know of 2.6, 7, 8, 9...

> So we took the sources of zope but we could not reach the complete
> installation.
> We have downloaded the 2.1.3 version of Python as recommended for zope
> 2.6.

[snip]

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/packages/zope/z2.py", line 247, in
> ?
>     import os, sys, getopt, codecs, string
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/codecs.py", line 10,
> in ?
>     import struct,types,__builtin__
> ImportError: No module named struct
>=20
> But codecs.py is a python library and so I don't understand.

The real problem is struct.  It's part of the python install, and
also a compiled library -- so you have some sort of python install
problem.  Not sure what could be wrong as I've never had that
problem.

You could always use the Solaris 2.6 binary from zope.org instead.
That saves you from all the compiling etc.  It works on all Solaris
versions 2.6 and above.

--=20
Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com> <URL:http://zigg.com/>

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm