[Zope] problems after a crash

Alexis Roda arv@si.urv.es
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:39:22 +0100

Dylan Reinhardt wrote:

> At 01:18 AM 1/29/2003, Alexis Roda wrote:
> >Dylan Reinhardt wrote:

> [snip]
>
> >Windows stoped responding and I rebooted the machine "the bad way".
>
> Yikes.  Does it get any better when you pack the database?

It doesn't. This was the first thing I've tried.

> >No error, the browser shows the top and right frames and keeps loading
> >the left frame forever.
>
> In the right-hand frame, what happens if you click through to a page that
> wouldn't be in your browser cache?  Is this the point at which the server
> stops responding?

I've cleared the browser cache before conecting to ZOPE and I've
connected from another computer that I've never used before. I can acces
any object on the right pane, edit properties etc., but suddendly it
stops responding. If I close the browser and start it again I still
can't connect to ZOPE, I need to CTRL+BREAK the DOS box and start ZOPE
again.

The curious thing is that a web I'm developing seems to work without
problems, even when the management interface stops to respond.

Don't worry, its a tests machine, I'll reinstall ZOPE. I just was
curious about this being a known bug, since I've experienced the same
problem on a linux box (debian woody) for some days (no crash this
time). After one or two reboots and packing the ZODB it started working
again.

<10 minutes later ...>

This seems like a bad joke, now the left frame shows again ... I don't
understand anything, but at least it works again ...

Thanks for your help
--
                                  ////
                                 (@ @)