[Nuxeo-localizer] Re: [Zope] NuxDocument Nonfunctional

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar j-david@noos.fr
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:21:30 +0100

Damon Butler wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 12:45, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>

>>Thanks for the debugging.
>>
>>It's what I thought: the .po file you're using (created as a .pot by
>>zgettext) has an incorrect line like:
>>but CHARSET here should be the charset of the file, for instance
>>iso-8859-1, or maybe utf-8 or any other valid charset.
>>The .pot was a template, that must be edited to fill-in this kind of
>>info that it can't guess, to give a .po file.
>>

>I tried editing Products/NuxDocument/locale/en.po to reasonable values
>(charset=UTF-8; Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8-bit) which I took from the
>file Products/Localizer/locale/en.po. Nothing changed ... Localizer
>still complains that 'CHARSET' is an unrecognized encoding.
>
>I noticed that there is an en.mo file that strongly resembles en.po, but
>it was uneditable. (Well, actually, when I edited the 'charset' and
>'Content-Transfer-Encoding' bits as above the program complained that
>en.mo had been "corrupted".)
>
>I even uninstalled the NuxDocument product, packed the Zope database,
>deleted the original install from the filesystem, created a fresh
>install of it, edited en.po again, and then restarted Zope, and still
>the error returns. What's a fellow to do? How can this be fixed?
>
>--Damon

The MO file is used at run time, you have to:

 1. fix the charset in the PO file as you already did;

 2. re-generate the MO file from the PO file (from the
    NuxDocument product directory run zgettext:
    "../Localizer/zgettext -m");

 3. re-start Zope

Note that if the "locale/en.po" file of the NuxDocument
product does not have the right charset, then it is a bug.

Regards,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software