[Zope] NuxDocument 1.1 Alpha bugs (formerly [Nuxeo-localizer]/[Zope] NuxDocument nonfunctional)

Damon Butler damon@hddesign.com
31 Jan 2003 13:19:48 -0600

> I sent to sf@nuxeo.com a patch to edit title and description in
> CMFNuxDocument (and also to preserve the original filename in case of
> modifications, since my users want that functionality). I'm using it
> with plone with no problems. In the same patch there's also something to
> make nuxdocument behave with ExternalEditor. I can send it to you if
> you're interested (but keep in mind that my coding skills with
> python/zope are not up to the level of the fine folks at nuxeo).

Thank you for forwarding the message to Stefane for me. I've
inadvertantly left him out of the loop on the messages I've been posting
here. He wrote me back promising to look into what's up. I can't
wait....

I am definitely interested in your patch. As poor as you present your
programming skills, I am certain they outshine mine.

> > * CMF does not permit the uploading of NuxDocuments (i.e., actual Word,
> > Excel, PPT, and PDF files).
>
> I don't have this problem, I can upload files ok. wvware rendering is
> not perfect but it's ok to have a quick preview.

I can upload NuxDocuments in the ZMI, and CMF NuxDocuments in Plone (as
expected), but I cannot upload CMF NuxDocuments in a plain-vanilla CMF
site.

> > Similarly, one cannot upload a CMF NuxDocument from within the ZMI.
> > This can be a show-stopper.
>
> You shouldn't add *any* cmf object from the zmi.

Yeah, I know. I was just checking out whether it would make any
difference as regards placing a CMF NuxDocument in a CMF site.

> > * Zope, CMF, and Plone cannot find the various document icon graphics
> > (icon_doc.gif, icon_pdf.gif, icon_ppt.gif, icon_xls.gif). This can cause
> > Tracebacks when performing Finds or Searches (depending on which
> > interface you are using). I was only able to solve this problem in
> > CMF/Plone by manually Adding the four icons as Images to the custom
> > folder in the various skins search paths; no fix for Zope yet. Most
> > unstatisfactory.
>
> The icons are not in the skin directory (zpt_NuxDocument). I just copied
> them over.

Thanks for the tip! That worked for Plone. I also copied the icons over
into the sibling NuxDocument folder to see if the icons would then show
up for NuxDocuments added to Zope via ZMI, but it didn't work.

Again, thanks for the help.
--Damon