[Zope] NuxDocument 1.1 Alpha bugs (formerly [Nuxeo-localizer]/[Zope] NuxDocument nonfunctional)

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:29:02 +0100

Damon Butler escribió::

> It is definitely a bug, then. A rather serious one. Furthermore, there
> are a LARGE number of other problems, including not a few biggies:
>
> * The ONLY way to change a NuxDocument's id, Title, or Description
> properties is via the ZMI. I have so far been unable to hack in a Python
> fix such that I can do this from within Plone. (I changed the ZPT such
> that it should be easily possible.) Major inconvenience: Help!

I sent to sf@nuxeo.com a patch to edit title and description in
CMFNuxDocument (and also to preserve the original filename in case of
modifications, since my users want that functionality). I'm using it
with plone with no problems. In the same patch there's also something to
make nuxdocument behave with ExternalEditor. I can send it to you if
you're interested (but keep in mind that my coding skills with
python/zope are not up to the level of the fine folks at nuxeo).

> * CMF does not permit the uploading of NuxDocuments (i.e., actual Word,
> Excel, PPT, and PDF files). Similarly, one cannot upload a CMF

I don't have this problem, I can upload files ok. wvware rendering is
not perfect but it's ok to have a quick preview.

> NuxDocument from within the ZMI. This can be a show-stopper.

You shouldn't add *any* cmf object from the zmi.

> * Zope, CMF, and Plone cannot find the various document icon graphics
> (icon_doc.gif, icon_pdf.gif, icon_ppt.gif, icon_xls.gif). This can cause
> Tracebacks when performing Finds or Searches (depending on which
> interface you are using). I was only able to solve this problem in
> CMF/Plone by manually Adding the four icons as Images to the custom
> folder in the various skins search paths; no fix for Zope yet. Most
> unstatisfactory.

The icons are not in the skin directory (zpt_NuxDocument). I just copied
them over.

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007