[Zope] How many hits can zope handle?

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:30:51 +0200

Hi Wayne,

Wayne Connolly wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response Chris. My first comment
> is-My gawd: our estimates produced similar number
> though in a more primative fashion.
>
> Our estimate is a 6 month projection based upon
> conservitive estimates, if it flops it flops but we
> have divided our company up in such a fasion that it
> wont impact our other products and our
> income(hopefully: but not likely straight away with
> the money thing :-(. Akamai have provided a quote per
> gig of traffic that will severly reduce our overheads
> to a reasonable level and of course the server
> farm(9600 CDN). We are just trying to see if we can
> 'plug' zope into it because we have had such good
> luck/fun with it in the past.
> Unfortunately our server hit rate will be 100% with
> zero cache as each hit auotatically submits info to
> the database. No web pages are called. We will probly
> only recieve about 10 ~ 15 million hits a month for
> web page download(max).
>
> All sounds like doom and gloom but with slow uptake
> (6months) we should be able to include zope in the
> loop somewhere. It would be a shame not to...

looks you're doing kind of loggin? This could be more
performant with some scripts running in the say frontend
apache - eating the log output from apache and stuff it
into a pipe directed to the database.

But keep in mind: logging - so far you dont have a decent
tracing of users due to cookies (which also _have_ to
be acceppted all the time) is usually pointless due
to cache/proxy issues.

Regards
Tino