[Zope] How to hide Zope search results?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:37:43 +0200

G. Heim wrote at 2003-7-15 14:19 +0200:
 > I would like to hide some Zope search results, how do I do that?
 >
 > I have a (plone) folder which is only accessible to the group "members", but
 > whenever I do a search for a text string contained in a document in that
 > folder, that document is also returned when I query for it as an anonymous
 > (non-authenticated) user and I'd rather not have it returned at all. In
 > fact, I only want the search results concerning the folder only accessible
 > to group "members", whenever someone from group "members" is quering for it.

Something like this is usually done automatically.

  The CMF uses the index "AllowedRolesAndUsers".
  It indexes the roles and users that may view the object.

  When you perform a query, the query is automatically extended
  with an "and" that the current users roles or user name must
  match the "AllowedRolesAndUsers".

Dieter