[Zope] creation-ism issue

Johan Carlsson johanc@easypublisher.com
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 09:14:06 +0200

Dennis Allison wrote:
> I'm not really sure where the name got reset, but using 'ZUBB"
> as the name to the object manager seems to work.
>
> Is some transormation made on the meta-type before it's used as a key
> for the ObjectManager table?

The manage_addProduct['product name'] usen take a meta_type but the
name of the Product.
This can be misleading sometimes because many product classes have
the same meta_type as their product.

So the product name in this case is "ZUBB"?
And the mange_addZUBBFolder is the factory method who knows how
to create a object of a class that probably have the meta_type
'ZUBB Folder'.

In theory the factory method could create anything, even create
several object with different meta_types at ones.

Cheers,
Johan Carlsson

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24