[Zope] Zope hangs with no visible reason

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 07:38:55 +0200

> Odes=EDlatel: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
> Jaroslav Lukesh wrote:
> > I was have Zope 2.5.1 at W2k server too. It hangs or deads without an=
> > message to logs manytimes.=20
>=20
> One small gotcha: be careful you don't leave any text highlighted in th=
DOS box=20
> where Zope is running (if it's running in a visible DOS box), as that
suspend=20
> application execution (and so hangs Zope) until you hit return in that
DOS box...

It was running in dos box (w2k terminal server) under not closed session,
nothing selected in dos box, minimized. It was run sometime month, someti=
me
2 days. And it was run pound proxy before zope. In Linux, I was run zope
without pound one month without problem, then I install pound for better
feel of stability ;-)

And finally, my zope now is 2-100 times faster on worst hardware than in
windows! 2 times for cataloging and heavy computing requests (like sitema=
tree with all objects and his properties), an cca 100 times faster for
static files (eg., images) delivery. Normal pages is 4-10x faster.
Manytimes, zope under windows does not give me some images in design
complex pages. So I am happy that I run Zope on Linux.

Regards, JL.