[Zope] What kind of Zope product would you like to see?

Jim McNeill jim_zope@yahoo.co.uk
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:36:33 +0100 (BST)

--0-283321859-1058733393=:36548

Sorry, this is going to contain several ignorant assumptions. I've decided to write a Zope product, and my next step is deciding what it should do. Having knocked around a few poor ideas, I thought this might be the right place to look for suggestions. Perhaps someone out there has an idea for a simple product that'll do just what they need, but they can't code it themselves.I'm happy to jump in there and get coding if the idea's a good one. All I'd ask from you is some patience in debugging my efforts.Just so you know: this will be my first attempts in Python, let alone Zope. I've just finished reading the 'Zope Bible' and Web Application Construction Kit and am keen to put what I've learnt into practice by creating an open source Zope product and try to make a few quid from it. I'm a sysadmin with more years experience than I like to admit to, and I'm looking to this as my route out of that.For example, I was thinking of some sort of helpdesk thing, but I see this is already
 covered by the IssueHandler and 'f2w' projects (the first isn't looking for volunteers, the second requires Linux, which I haven't got). Then I'm thinking of something for running clubs, but Plone seems to have that covered better than I ever will. Maybe you're trying to run a zoo or a prison or a bike shop and I can provide you with a solution? Or you know someone who does?I will be quite happy to put this up on sourceforge if I get anywhere, but I don't want to do that until I have code for people to play with.CheersJim