[Zope] How does GroupUserFolder work ?

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:52:45 -0500

>Ok but I don't understand the documentation of ingeniweb.
>
>I've installed a GroupUserFolder in my Plone site. There is two user's folder, one for users and one for groups. I create some users and some groups, and then? What can I do with group? I didn't find how to add users into groups... Why to add users into groups???? What is the goal?

GRUF works such that anything the groupish user can do (theses being any
users in the Groups/acl_users userfolder) a regular user (being a user
in the Users/acl_users folder) that belongs to that group can also do.
 From there, it's just a matter of what you do with it.

You want things done with these groups, which is not primarily what GRUF
does. Something else has to provide functionality. Over at Plone I'm
working on integrating groups with the portal, which already includes
the ability to manage users and groups, and will by the time of next
release include a group workspace concept, which is part of what you're
lokoing for. The rest you can probably do with permissions and/or
workflow, also available in CMF and Plone.

          --jcc