[Zope] Re: Mixing of ZPT and DTML

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:23:13 +0200

--- In zope@yahoogroups.com, "Carsten Gehling" <carsten@s...> wrote:
> Since I'm new to Zope, I've been able to jump at ZPT from the beginning
> without needing to "unlearn" DTML first...
Yes, this is true. It's difficult when you first learn DTML :-(

> One thing nags me though: I use ZPT for my product classes web methods
when
> while constructing an intranet. However it doesn't seem that I can use the
> same web methods inside ZMI, since ZMI still uses DTML and presents its
tabs
> through the DTML variable "standard_header".
I started using zpt in management interfaces without any problem.

> What do people generally do when using ZPT? Do you create separate
> editforms/display files for both ZPT (for use in you own application) and
> DTML (for use in ZMI)? Or have I missed some vital point?
Last week I made a Boring product DTML free that uses another product
that I made. The later can be easily used from other products. You can
download them here:

http://www.zope.org/Members/jmeile/JMBoring
http://www.zope.org/Members/jmeile/JMZPTMacros

Everything is documented in the source code and in the templates.

Regards,
Josef