[Zope] editing docs via ftp (emacs)

Rob Nikander rob@dolphinsearch.com
31 Jul 2003 10:08:33 -0700

Hi all,

I am new to Zope and would like to edit my DTML and Python using emacs.
I have figured out how to FTP the document to the Zope server (this is
documented in several places: you visit file /user@host#port/...), but
what I can't figure out is how to create different "types" of files and
objects.  For example, if I create a "page template" or "dtml method" in
the Zope web interface, and then edit and save the file in emacs
(through FTP) it changes the file to a DTML Document.  Basically
everything I touch with Emacs/FTP becomes a DTML document.  The "Zope
Book" online talks about FTPing to the url of your template +
"/source.html", but that has not worked -- I get FTP errors that the
template file is not a directory.  Any pointers?

Thanks,
Rob