[Zope] can't start zope after upgrade Please help !!

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:30:45 -0500

>I reinstalled zope this way in /home/zope/site and got all my data back, but
>now I have an issue reinstalling CPS, which my site is based on : I get an
>error : 'Not a registered directory: Products/NuxCPS/default_skins'
>The directory default_skins exists and is in Products/NuxCPS...
>
>Could someone explain me what then is a 'registered directory' ? And of course
>if someone has the genious solution, it will be very welcome ;)
>
>Following the trackback of the error.
>
>Time  2003/06/07 02:56:11.886 GMT+2
>User Name (User Id) admin (admin)
>Request URL http://localhost:9673/manage_addProduct/NuxCPS/manage_addCPSSite
>Exception Type ValueError
>Exception Value Not a registered directory: Products/NuxCPS/default_skins
>Traceback (innermost last):
>    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
>    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>    * Module Products.NuxCPS.CPSSite, line 81, in manage_addCPSSite
>    * Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 231, in __call__
>      __traceback_info__: ((), {'langs_list': ['en', 'fr']}, (None,))
>    * Module
>/home/zope/test5x86cps/lib/python/Products/NuxCPS/Extensions/cpsinstall.py,
>line 444, in cpsupdate
>    * Module Products.CMFCore.DirectoryView, line 534, in manage_addDirectoryView
>    * Module Products.CMFCore.DirectoryView, line 502, in createDirectoryView
>ValueError: Not a registered directory: Products/NuxCPS/default_skins

I was hoping someone who knew NuxCPS would chime in, but no go I guess.
This seems entirely a problem with that product, so you should take it
to that community/author. I kind of guess that there's a (in CMF-speak)
skins tool somewhere that needs to be told that such a directory
contains skins. But I don't know.

          --jcc